Tuesday, January 25, 2011

a cold, a party, and a hotel

My super sweet -and super pregnant- sister in law threw my brother a surprise 25th birthday bash at Cheesecake Factory in Fashion Island. We had a ton of fun for many reasons: 1. My brother loooves being around family and friends, so to see him so happy was great :) 2. We were in Newport Beach...enough said 3. I went to my first real pet store...like with puppies for sale and all. 4. I already decided 2 weeks prior that I was getting a Cappuccino and Cheesecake for dinner...and I did. It was called Chris' something something...basically had like 10 layers of brownie, chocolate cake, german chocolate cake filling(coconut pecan stuff) and cheesecake(of course). Sadly I wasnt feeling too hot so I let everyone else eat it.


This is us at Cheesecake, there was a neat elevator behind us that our bodies are completely covering.

Brother about to blow out his candle. I am pretty sure Cheesecake broke the law when they started singing "Happy Birthday" but it was a lot better than one of those embarassing made up songs. It was great, the waiter said "Steve" instead of "Scott". And then someone said it was his 13th Birthday. We had a lot of fun and laughs.

Dont mind Andrew and my face's, we were going through hot flashes and chills the whole night. But brother looks great! He always has a new 'do. I think its hilarious how much we dont look alike.


So if you didnt get it already, we were pretty sick. We planned on driving home that night but there was no way we would make it back alive. Luckily, there was a Mariott right across the street. It would have been pretty romantic any other time, but we watched true story murder shows til we could get sleepy-apparently thats all there is to watch on tv saturday nights. I didnt sleep a wink. We got up early and this was the view from our balcony, pretty! See, romantic any other time.

After a few days of bed rest at home we are functioning again. We havent had colds in a longg time so it was a different kind of animal for us. Clearly I am over that wanting-to-be-sick-so-i-can-miss-school stage. After 7 Netflix movies and all of last weeks episodes from NBC, CBS, ABC, MTV I have no interest in TV anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment