Monday, June 20, 2011

The light at the end of the tunnel

Last week I recieved the best news ever. But before I can talk about that, about a month ago I received the worst news ever. I applied to the nursing program in March and waited anxiously for 2 months only to hear I was rejected. Talk about bum city. From the very beginning of this process I had such confidence knowing that one of those 30 spots was mine. Not in an 'entitled' way, but a surety from God that this was the next chapter for me (and for my little family of 2). I had my brief moment of hearbreak, but it eventually turned into focus towards work. With the help of my sweet husband, I closed that book and put it away for the next 6 months til it was time to open it again.

Then, it happened.
I was in my last hour of sleep when Andrew burst through the door, jumped on top of me, and repeatedly told me "You got in! You got in!". I couldnt believe it! For whatever reasons several spots opened up on the list and I made the 2nd selection process. My mind was so closed off that I didnt even entertain the thought of something like that happening. Even talking about it again warms my heart that my confidence in Gods plan for me was right. Since we heard the good news it is amazing how much weight is lifted off our shoulders. Andrew and I are so excited for this next chapter, and prayfully he is not far behind me!

No comments:

Post a Comment