Thursday, September 1, 2011

School started

We made ourselves a nice little routine, too. It starts with a 5 am wake up call to hit the gym, a dog walk, making lunches, eating breakfast, and getting ready all before 7:30. Its been nice getting up so early and going to the gym because its an excellent waker-upper. This first day of school was another orientation, pretty cake. But the last 2 days have been great, lots of patient care practicing and learning equipment. I can now bathe you, make your bed around you, reposition you, help you in and out of bed, transport you to the toilet, bring the toilet to you, and restrain you. Oh, and I can tie a nice slip-knot. At first I thought it was silly to practice all those things but its actually really hard to get used to touching someone's body (especially when they're male) and repositioning it. And the few hours I'm not at school or sleeping, I have a ton of reading to do. A lot of people are scrambling to make study groups but I am too much of a control freak to let someone outline a chapter for me.

Andrew has been the best. This is what he's done for me every morning I have clinicals:
Isn't he great? I just love him.

First day of school picture!

I cant believe in a few hours my first week will be over. Only 5 more until we start working in the hospital and 10 more after that until Christmas break! I am definitely counting.

I hope you all had a good week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment