Thursday, January 26, 2012

What the final days of winter break look like over here...

Tabbed all of mine and Andrew's reading material for the first week of school. I'm green, he's blue and red. He had to be two colors because he has so much reading that I ran out of blue (poor guy).

Look at him getting a jump start on his reading. So proud.

Chose the fabric for my next project: a duvet cover. We agree blue is the best.

Did I ever show you Chance's doggy gate? It's SO cute, right? And very noteworthy.

Also noteworthy, I recycled my rice jar to a cookie jar. I'm so innovative.



Whitened my teeth with my Glo! I love it! They should pay me for my enthusiasm!

This may sound silly but I love this little blog of ours. The other day I updated our "about us" column to include the fact Andrew is in the RN program now and it reminded me how far we have come over the year. That column has changed from "we're working on getting into the RN program" to "Holly is in the RN program" to now "we're both in the RN program". I mean, its amazing right?! and now we have a blog to remind us of all that amazingness. Sometimes I can't help but feel that God is strengthening our marriage to be the ultimate team. I mean, not everyone gets to marry their soulmate and share the same career. That's a lot of time together. I used to not understand why other couples didn't love spending every single moment with their spouse, but I think I do now. Not everyone is made for that. I love our marriage because we enjoy spending 24/7 together, but I don't think that enjoyment was given to us so that we'd be an island unto ourselves. Every marriage is a team already but what about those radical marriages who give up everything and move to a third world country? They must have this same enjoyment to be on the same page with that radical idea. So is that what our marriage is strengthening up for? I know we already share the same desire for medical missions in Africa, but is it really going to happen? I know thats what we say now, but really? As in, really do we get to? This desire started as a dream, when we had no tools to get us there. But if I reflect on all those little column updates I can't help but see them as tools to be added to our tool box. Cant do medical missions if were not in the medical field ;). Our dream is no longer a dream but a promise. If this is Gods promise then it means he promises to provide us what we need this month, next month, every month until we get there. It's a beautiful thing to rely on, and by that I mean He is a beautiful thing to rely on :). I can't believe I got all of that out of an update... ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment